Wednesday, January 05, 2011

requisite 2010 retrospective

2010 knits
(click on the mosaic for links to all of these items)

You know...I actually thought I hadn't really knit that much last year. But I guess the mosaic doesn't lie. Still, it's not exactly epic.

And I've actually got three or four things from 2010 that I still need to post about. Ugh, Hopefully I can get to that this week!

Knitting aside, it was a hell of a year for me...major ups and downs, so I'm hoping 2011 will be a much more relaxed year (knocks wood).

Seems I was smart enough last year not to make any knitting-related resolutions--though I still have yet to learn how to crochet. And while I've made some serious advances in de-stashing there's a long way to go (not to mention the joy of yarn shopping being sucked out of that whole process).

I do however think as I look at that mosaic that my days of sweater knitting for myself are on the wane. I really just do not wear any of them. Still I would never rule it out...a must knit will no doubt catch my eye eventually.

I'm also struck by the colour palate I chose. I think of myself as always knitting in a sea of neutrals--and there's definitely a lot of that there, but there's a lot of colour too. It's kind of making me feel less guilty about my usual neutralness--apparently I accessorize in colour!

So there you have it: my 2010 in knits!

9 comments:

jennifer said...

Looks epic to me! I have the same feeling when I look at my ravelry page - everything is a lot more colourful than I thought!

Julie said...

wow, you had so many gorgeous FOs in 2010!! Here's no a another year of great knits in 2011.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your FO's are so cute! You do have a lot of color and a lot of your patterns are so cheerful!

Reckless Glue said...

they ARE cheerful--I never really looked at it that way before!

Julia said...

That's one helluva nice knit year! I too, hope your 2011 is nice and relaxed. My friends have all had too much drama in 2010. Keep calm and cast on, yah know?

Bia said...

I am new to your blog and I love the products you've knitted. I am also new to knitting and have only knitted a scarf so far. I was wondering if perhaps you can consider adding the patterns of the pieces you knit. I would love to try and make the ones I like myself.

Reckless Glue said...

Hi Bia,

I always include a link to the pattern with every finished object. If you're talking about the patterns pictured in the mosaic above, you just need to click on that photo and it will take you to it on flickr where it links to them all individually.

and welcome to the wonderful world of knitting!

yodafatkitty said...

Well, here's to us both having an epic knitting year!
lol.

Chelsea Nicole said...

Happy new year Cara!!! Love all the knits. It's great to see everything's going good with you guys. :-) Here's to a fantastic 2011!