Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I almost forgot--

I just got tagged by Wendy from Musings from a Knucklehead (how much do I love her blog title?--SO much!) for the meme that I'm sure most of you have seen floating around lately, so i'll try to make it brief for everyone...I am so bad at these.

"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."


1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

I had just moved back to Ottawa from Vancouver where I was finishing my degree at UBC. Wait? 1998? ugh. I'm older than I think. My mom was in some breast cancer recovery, my dad had just finished a heart-related stint in the hospital, and I was fleeing a tumultously bad-for-me relationship, so it was as good a time as any for me to move back home and start ANOTHER 4 years of school.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?

look for new holistic cat food
make dinner
go to the gym? (ummmmmm....)
start painting a wall in my living room (ok prep it at any rate)
watch Tila Tequila? (yeah I am THE worst.)

3) Snacks I enjoy:

there are a lot of crazy asian candies/cookies I like. Yesterday I enjoyed some of these:



but you know, there really aren't ANY snacks that I have the power to turn down (hence these thighs 'o mine...). Baked goods, sweet, salty...I want it ALL.


4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Let's see, the usual stuff: donate to friends/family, INVEST, quit my job, travel the world, buy homes in various countries. BUT: I don't do "decadence" very well. You'd never see me with a mcmansion or a sportscar. You'd be more likely to see me with a vintage Eichler bungalow in Palm Springs furnished head to toe with all of the money-is-no-option mid-centuy goodness that I could get my hands on. And maybe a super hot cabana-boy in the mix there somewhere. And then I'd likely donate to as many pet related causes as I could before someone deemed me nutso.

5) Places I have lived:

Vancouver
Germany
St. Jerome
Ottawa


6) Jobs I have had:

-I sold lemonade in a big lemon once. I lasted a week.
-lots of museum/archives/conservation related jobs: You may have seen me vacuuming bears, making plinths for skulls, topping up the formaldehyde on a Coelacanth, picking bugs out of prehistoric turtle shells...
-I used to write record reviews and interview bands for a music magazine.

man, that pretty much ALL sounds better than what I'm doing now, even though I KNOW it's not.

7) Friends I want to know more about (if you've done the meme, please disregard)

There are a lot of you, BUT I will take a pass and give you guys a break. Definitely if you're looking for blog fodder and what to do this meme drop me a comment so I can go and check yours out! It really wasn't all that taxing --and thank you for indulging me in some navel-gazing.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Those Asian berger cookies look a lot like the ones my dad and I made last summer. You use Nila Waffers for the 'bun', with a little honey and sesame seeds for the top bun, a Keebler Grasshopper cookie for the 'burger', coconut dyed with green food coloring for 'lettuce', and red and yellow icing to glue it all together and represent 'ketchup' and 'mustard'. YUM!!