Tuesday, July 03, 2007

scarf party

Where have I been? I'm not really sure. As my best friend Jaye once said to me the first week I met her: "I should have never taken that anti-psychotic that guy offered me. Now I've missed three days of school!" I knew we'd be fast friends.



pattern: kerchief scarf from LMNG, of course
yarn: leftover Debbie Bliss Alpaca silk in coral
needles: bamboo straights

Well, what can I really say about this thing? It's a bandana. It's a garter stitch triangle.



It's the same yarn I used for the baby jacket in my last entry, so I guess it's kinda nice that I actually get to keep some of it for myself in some form. I'm tempted to cast back on and make it slightly longer even, since there's still about half a ball left, and really, what else am I going to do with it? In retrospect this yarn was way too thick for this pattern, but I was on a mission! I'm thinking about making a summer version of it in a thinner bamboo.

Now that my chevron scarf is also finished I plan to put that book back on the shelf for a while. This is the fourth thing I've made out of it which must be some kind of record (for me) for consecutive knits from the same book.

I've made a bunch of little things lately that I'll try and update on soon. I've been super lazy about taking photos of stuff and loading it onto the computer though, so I've finally gotten off my ass and around to that.

Another work in progress that's been sitting at this stage for about two months now is my kidsilk scarf:



It came as one of those little fleece artists "kits" with the attached pattern, though I haven't been able to find a link to it so I'm not sure if they even make it any more. The wool is amazing (much like ALL fleece artist yarns!)--kid mohair and silk, and I absolutely love the colour, so I'm not sure what my problem is. I'm doing the pattern that came with it which is lots of yarn-overs and flowy and pretty but I'm totally uninspired by it. Mind you, I have recently finsihed about 4 other scarves, so therein might lie my apathy.

And happy belated Canada Day to all. I was sick pretty much all weekend so could only really listen with increasing nausea to the frat boy keg party happening two doors down, and all over my neighborhood for that matter. Bah humbug.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Welcome back! Sheesh, just when I was beginning to think everyone in blogland was MIA. Glad you're feeling better!

Reckless Glue said...

thanks lady!